Happy Weekend and Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers and father figures making a difference in the lives of our children. I always joke, but I am totally serious, when I say that I would come back as one of my children if given the opportunity to live again. It’s great to be
the Ward children.
I’m blogging live from 30A this week. It’s the location of 26 gorgeous, white sand beaches of South Walton Florida, the site of the beautiful beach house I shared last week, and this one Kristy featured over at My Design Chic.
For us, there’s nothing more therapeutic than beach air in our lungs and sand between our toes. And it wouldn’t hurt to live out our (my) decorating dreams in our own beach house. This home designed by Amanda Nisbet is another on my vision board.
- In case you missed it, my first article sharing my Carnival experience is live on the blog! Inspired by the local architecture and design of the Caribbean, I decided to share a few ideas on how to bring this aesthetic into your own home. Please let me know what you think about it!
- If tropical locales aren’t your thing, you’ll love this chic NYC boutique hotel recommendation. From the hotel lounge to the guest suites, it’s one that’ll elevate your sophistication quotient the minute you walk through the door.
- If you can’t get away just yet, live out your travel dreams through these FIVE Instagram accounts. Also scroll through the hashtag #WhereToFindMe to get a glimpse at exotic destinations through someone else’s lens and gather ideas for your next adventure!
- With all this talk of travel, I can’t forget about you all who are knee-deep in kitchen renovations and the like. There are always unforeseen cost but here’s a way to save with 10 Ideas for Affordable Storage in a Small Kitchen. Here’s a picture I took, with permission, at a recent client consultation. I couldn’t get enough of their adorable breakfast nook with storage underneath the banquette seat!
- Last, but certainly not least, check out the soothing paint colors from this year’s House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year. Designer and friend Sherry Hart spares no detail on how to achieve this look. I’m so proud of her and the press she’s received for her amazing work. So deserving.
There’s so much more to share this week! Stay tuned for more updates. If you haven’t already, please signup for our mailing list so you’ll never miss another post. We’ll deliver it straight to your inbox! Sign up here.
Cheers to a new week!