Last week I spent time with Zephyr, the industry leader in kitchen ventilation, learning about the innovation and technology used in creating the world’s best range hoods. The 7000 sqft. Zephyr Design & Experience Center located in San Francisco’s West Design District, is where I got a chance to perform product testing and learn important steps on improving indoor air quality, starting in the kitchen. Now more than ever I’m obsessed with maintaining a healthier home environment.
Did you know it’s estimated that the average family of four produces up to one gallon of grease every year during the process of cooking? That means nearly two gallon of grease for my family of seven–staggering statistic!
So where does all the grease go? Why should you care?
If your kitchen doesn’t have proper ventilation, the grease and other contaminants exposes your family to:
- increased mildew growth
- increased mold and bacteria build-up on countertops and cooking areas
- increased airborne particles that may adversely affect the health of you and your family.
Without proper kitchen ventilation, you also expose your greatest investment, your home, to the following:
- cooking odors and grease absorption into the walls, draperies, cabinets, clothes, and carpet
- cabinet damage due to the condensation of acidic contaminants
- peeling and discoloration of wall finishes due to moisture and contaminants
Having the best range hoods for your kitchen is the solution for maintaining good air quality. Let’s take evaluate the options and decide which is best for you.