GET THE LOOK: 2015 HGTV DREAM HOME

coastal living, Home Tour

Have you seen photos of the 2015 HGTV Dream Home

The home’s interior design further validates my beliefs on mixing styles to create a home that’s uniquely you. 

When mastering the mix, most of us look towards the 80/20 rule which basically states that 80% of the decor consists of the same style while the other 20% is left for another style of your choice. 

However, the 2015 HGTV Dream Home proves that some rules are meant to be broken. This classic Cape-Cod style home on Martha’s Vineyard boasts three design styles which breakdown to a 60/20/20 mix. The front of the home proudly gives away two styles right from the start. The third style comes through in the home’s interior design. 

Traditional, coastal, and rustic decorating styles combine to achieve the master style mix of the

2015 HGTV Dream Home.

2015 HGTV Dream Home Front View

The front facade is traditional in nature. As with most Cape Cod, they are designed to blend into the surrounding landscape. A pea gravel driveway, commonly found in coastal design,  is a dead giveaway that the waterfront is near.

HGTV Dream Home Great Room

Upon entering the great room we are introduced to the third decorating style, rustic. Apparent in the antique wood beams, their raw nature also provides architectural charm.

dh2015_great-room_built-in-bookcases-stone-fireplace_v.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.924

Look to accessories to find more clues to the design mix. Modern art, a classic blue and white urn, and the sea life sculpture provide a well-executed juxtaposition of styles atop an elegant traditional console.

dh2015_great-room_blue-urn-artwork_v.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.924

 

The dining room merges seamlessly into the open concept plan with its gray-washed table, slipcovered upholstery and ticking stripe fabrics (both typically found in nautical decor). The overhead lantern fixture tops the overall look with a classic silhouette.

2015 HGTV Dream Home Dining Room

Butcher block countertops instantly add warmth to the all white kitchen while the coolness of the marble countertops in the cooking area and nickel hardware add sophistication and shine.
2015 HGTV Dream Home Kitchen

 You can’t tour a home without giving special attention to the master suite. Luxury comes in the form of linen upholstery and weather woods bathed in sea of light blue.

dh2015_master-bedroom_white-upholstered-bed-blue-area-rug_h.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.411

 Modern design makes another appearance by way of art and a graphic area rug. Both pieces usher in a breath of fresh air and fun.

Rustic elements are repeated in accent tables, casegoods, and my favorite detail—the romantic, antique-inspired French chandelier.

dh2015_master-bedroom_chandelier-hangs-from-cathedral-ceiling_v.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.924

 Nothing says retreat like a spa bathroom. Traditional details include the cove ceiling, upholstered ottoman, and drapery with accent trim. Coastal hues saturate the space, and small rustic touches like sisal rug again adds warmth to this ethereal space.

dh2015_master-bathroom_01_hero-shot_h.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.411

 Enjoy more of this home by visiting the HGTV Dream Home 2015 website. 

You can also find captivating images of Martha’s Vineyard and surrounding areas that inspired both the interior and exterior design of the home. 
DH2015_marthas-vineyard-chamber-vineyard-chamber-haven-harbor-arial_h.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960

DH2015_marthas-vineyard-chamber-ferry-arrives-in-vineyard-chamber-haven_h.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960

DH2015_marthas-vineyard-chamber-gingerbread-cottages-oak-bluffs-2_h.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960Photo courtesy: HGTV.com

 

SHARE:

Previous Post
CHRISTMAS AND BEYOND
Next Post
MY TOP 10 MOST POPULAR POSTS OF 2014 (AND WHAT I LEARNED FROM THEM)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu